Heart Throb Gregg Sulkin Talks New Movie White Frog

As Mason Greybeck on Disney Channel's Wizard's of Waverly Place, Gregg Sulkin cemented his teen heartthrob status. Now that the show has come to an end, the actor has moved on, currently hard at work on the set of his new movie, White Frog.

But if you think that Gregg is merely just an actor, think again, because he's also passionate about the more important things in life- like giving back. In doing so, Gregg is auctioning up an opportunity to have lunch with him, with proceeds going to Oxfam International.

I recently had the chance to chat with Gregg to ask him about the auction, his new movie, and the Wizards of Waverly Place. I also asked him a few burning fan questions...

STELLA: I wanted to get started by asking you to tell us a little about your auction and charity, Oxfam.

GREGG: Basically, growing up, and being a teenage kid, I've always been interested in charity. And one of the benefits of being on a TV show and having a fan base, you kind of have the power to spread news around. So, the auction is for Oxfam. I'm sure you've heard about the famine in Somalia, and so we're trying to raise as much money as possible for people in Somalia, people in Africa, and right now I think the auction is around $9,000 with more time left to bid on it. And if you can't afford to bid, you can still try and raise awareness about it via social media, like twitter and Facebook. You can also donate to Oxfam, whether it's one dollar or ten dollars, every bit helps and contributes to helping those who are less fortunate.

STELLA: You're currently shooting White Frog, can you tell us a little bit about the movie and what we can expect?

GREGG: You can expect a lot of smiles. It deals with a lot of issues families go through, one of them being sexuality. We've got an amazing cast, we've got Margaret Cho, Joan Chen, BD Wong... We have people who have been in the industry for a long time along with the up and coming teen actors, so it's a great atmosphere on the set. The movie centers around a kid who dies, and he's gay, and it's all about how his family and friends deal with that; it's a very, very heartfelt movie.

STELLA: I have to ask about Wizards of Waverly Place, of course... What was it like filming those last few episodes?

GREGG: It was emotional. Personally, coming on the Disney Channel was a great opportunity. I wasn't there for years and years, but it was nice. It was nice doing a sitcom and I enjoyed my time there... I think it was time for me to grow up, and I learned a lot, but it was time to move on.

STELLA: Well, we have a few quick fan questions per the request of our readers, and a popular one was: What is your favorite color?

GREGG: As far as colors I like to wear- I like grays or dark blues. Black and white is cool; I do wear black a lot.

STELLA: Do you know any other languages?

GREGG: No, I mean, I studied French in school, but my dad always said I speak two languages: English and Rubbish.

STELLA: [laughs] Do you play any musical instruments?

GREGG: I'm not like Bon Jovi or Led Zeppelin, but I've got a bit of rhythm, so pop music guitar maybe, but I'm focused on acting.

25 Aug, 2011


--
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/6507506
~
Manage subscription | Powered by rssforward.com

Powered by Blogger.