Tattoo Tuesday V.81

  
Name and blog name: Angela - abeautifuldecay.blogspot.com
Age: 26
Occupation: part time hair stylist, full time mama
Age of first tattoo: 18
Favorite tattoo: cameo brooch
Featured tattoo/location: cameo brooch on forearm
Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Brett Burnham @ Electric Tattoo. Pasadena, MD



1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art? 

My grandmom passed in 2008 and I was very close to her. My grandparents played a big role in raising my brother and I because my mom was a single working mama, so we spent every summer and everyday after school at my grandparents. I had a really hard time after she passed, and I knew I wanted to get a tattoo in her memory. I was given a box of her jewelry and in it was this cameo brooch that I loved. I knew I wanted that to be the tattoo. To me it not only represents my grandmom, but I love anything and everything victorian and to me it's very lady like which is an element I wanted to build upon for the rest of my arm someday. So I have a little piece of my grandmom on me forever, and for me that helped immensly with the healing process.


2) Do you have any other tattoos?  If so, what do you have and where? 


My very first tattoo(s) were two black outline stars on the back of each arm. I had just turned 18 and was very eager to start getting tattooed. From there I got a lower back piece which is a heart with a lock inside and wings surrounding it. After that I started on my half sleeve which is a japanese theme, cherry blossom tree, hibiscus and lotus flower with wind bars. I got two roses on my chest for my 21st birthday. From there, two strawberries on my foot.




3) Do you plan on getting more? 


Yes, I actually had plans to get a tattoo for my son next month but just found out I'm pregnant! So it looks like I will have to come up with something for both babes after this pregnancy.


4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)?  Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos? 

Mostly all of my friends are tattooed. My mom wasn't thrilled when I started but she's used to it now. I work at a hair salon and most of my co-workers have tattoos, most of my clients are young so no one really cares. I've had maybe two or three older people make comments, nothing mean just the typical "what are you going to do when your older?", etc etc. I live in a city where tattoos are pretty common so no one really pays much attention, or maybe I just don't notice. My hubby has a chest piece and wants to get more work done eventually.


5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

Do your research. It's been said a million times before but the saying is true, you get what you pay for. I was in a such a hurry to get tattooed when I first turned 18 that I went to some random guy I knew nothing about, didn't see any of his work, in fact I think he had JUST started tattooing. Suffice to say the tattoos weren't the greatest,and I had to get some of them fixed. Really think long and hard about what you want, stay true to yourself because when all the fads die you will be stuck with the tattoo forever. I think back to some of the things I wanted to get when I was 18 and am really happy I didn't! If you are looking for a particular style of tattoo find someone who specializes in that, otherwise the tattoo might look good but it won't be the exact style your looking for. In the end have fun, it's just skin! Yes we all get old and wrinkly with or without tattoos. You only live
once.


Category Article
Powered by Blogger.