Tattoo Tuesday V.83


 Name/blog name: Kimbah of Kimbah & Three

Age: 24

Occupation: Mama of two beauts, a homemaker and certified personal trainer.


Age of first tattoo: I had just turned 18 and was excited about being able to get tattooed, I ran into my local tattoo shop and got a star on either wrist, ha. Both now being some what covered by other pieces.

Favorite tattoo: I would have to say my latest hand/forearm piece I recently got done a few days ago after nine months of pregnancy (which is not complete as yet). It's a 'time for tea' theme with an antique teacup on my hand with a rose blooming from the top, followed by an antique teapot on my forearm with a deer head popping out and also some antique spoons. Looking forward to finishing this piece, done by my darling partner, Jai Kirchen of Raven Tattoo in Sydney.

Featured tattoo: I decided to feature my feet tattoos which were done by Jasmin Austin of WA Ink, Fremantle, Western Australia.



1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

Not many of my tattoos have a background story or special meaning, my feet were simply a spontaneous thought. I had come across this specific artist work and decided to make the two hour drive to book in. I explained what I was after and approved of the line drawing the day of sitting.


2) Do you have any other tattoos?

I have my left arm and hand done (pictures below). I also have the back of my neck which is a rose with a diamond blooming, I have a thigh piece which is an antique Victorian hand held mirror with an all seeing eye in the mirror glass with a couple of roses.





3) Do you plan on getting more?

I do actually, I am trying to limit myself though as I would love to continue to get big pieces by various artist instead of the one artist.  Our lil' family plans to travel within the near future so I am saving myself, so to speak.

4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? 

Family and friends are supportive of my life choices, my partner is a tattoo artist so our lil' family is around the whole tattoo thing a lot, it's nothing out of the ordinary to our eldest kiddo. Although I have ran into negativity while out and about but it no longer bothers me if it happens now, tattooed or not, you will always run into judgmental people. I am who I am and my tattoos do not define me as a person.



5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

From my experience I would say to definitely think about what you want, don't rush into it and definitely find an artist whose work you admire.


Category Article
Powered by Blogger.