Thankful.


{me and my dancing partner, at a wedding a few weeks ago}

Sometimes it's good to stop for a minute, take a step back, and think about all of the good in our lives. I'll be the first to admit that sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of goings and comings, friends and plans and all of that goodness, I forget to take that step back and appreciate it. So right now, as I am sitting here on the couch, watching Hank and Henry play and laugh on our living room floor during Daddy/son time, I thought I would share a short gratitude list, and encourage you to do the same!

Today I am thankful for:

old friends that know you better than anyone
storytime at the library, and watching Henry interact with so many other little ones
the taste of a crisp organic Pink Lady apple, dipped in almond butter
quiet mornings with my baby boy, rocking in the green chair and singing songs
a roof over our head and food in our bellies
finding new blogs to fall in love with
and speaking of food, Greek yogurt with fresh berries. So thankful for that.
four fun weddings to look forward to
a pair of shorts that fit just right
new mama friends and upcoming plans
chilly evenings made for cardigans
the excitement of longtime friends moving up to our small town
being able to say "my boys" and the happy feeling it gives me
successfully pulling myself out of a terrible mood
thirty extra minutes of sleep
that feeling of being exactly where I've always wanted to be
Hank, and every little thing about him

...and Mexican food. Lots of gratitude for Mexican food!

How about you? Link back here if you decide to post a list- and have a great night!


Category Article ,
Powered by Blogger.