Tattoo Tuesday V.44




Name and blog name: Megan Fay http://ineversaidiwasdeep.tumblr.com/ It's not much of a blog, but feel free to follow!

Age: 19

Occupation: Unemployed

Age of first tattoo: 19

Favorite tattoo: I really can't choose! I love them both!

Featured tattoo/location: My Fred Perry laurel wreath on my upper left arm

Artist/shop/location of feature tattoo: Michael Larson at Painted Temple in Provo, Utah



1) Tell us about your featured tattoo- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

Fred Perry is a British clothing brand that has been around for five decades and is very popular among mods and skinheads. I got their laurel wreath just three months ago and it's very special to me because it represents my love and loyalty for the mod culture and lifestyle. The laurel is associated with integrity, heritage, and authenticity which are all wonderful and important values to uphold.

2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

I have one other tattoo- the words "Let There be Love" on the side of my foot. I just barely got it done and I absolutely love it. It's the title of one of my favorite Oasis songs and it's such a sweet sentiment. This one was also made by Michael Larson at Painted Temple in Provo.




3) Do you plan on getting more?

Definitely! I have quite a few ideas up my sleeve at the moment. Right now I'm planning a really beautiful 1920s art deco piece that I'm very excited about. I don't plan on being completely covered, but then again I'm only 19 so who knows! Never say never!



4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them? Do you have a significant other? Does he/she have tattoos?

My family is very supportive of my decision to get tattoos. My parents both have a handful each and my dad recently got a couple of unbelievable portraits done- one of the Modfather, Paul Weller and one of Buster Keaton! And my friends all either have tattoos or are planning on getting tattoos so I've never felt any negativity from them. I'm very lucky to be surrounded by family and friends who all love and appreciate tattoos as much as I do.

I'm originally from California but currently live in Utah, which is a very conservative place, so I have definitely felt negativity from people. I get an awful lot of rude stares and all for one little tattoo! Just imagine if I had more tattoos, goodness! It's almost as if people think that having tattoos makes you a bad person and that is just not the case at all. Unfortunately there will always be sheltered people out there that don't appreciate your uniqueness, but you just can't let it get to you. They're never worth the trouble!


5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

If you love it, get it! Definitely spend some time thinking about it and make sure it's something you're absolutely in love with. Never settle on an artist or artwork. Be sure to get the tattoo YOU want. Don't be shy to ask questions about style or placement and look through lots of portfolios. And for those people who ask, "Won't you regret that later?" Everyone changes down the road, but as long as you're 100% sure about them, you can look back on them as beautiful memories that will always be a part of you!


Category Article
Powered by Blogger.