Guest Post: Lindsay from Eileen Josephine


Hi everybody! My name is Lindsay Széchényi and I blog about my family, home, quilting, crafty projects and everyday life over at EileenJosephine.com. Stop by and say hello! This is my first guest-blogging gig, and what a treat it is to be over on Sometimes Sweet, one of my favorite corners of the internet :)

Since I have this opportunity to guest-post on a top mommy blog, I thought I would use it to get a little input on something that's been on my mind for a while now... more babies? I know that Danielle definitely plans on having another little one down the road, but I am considering keeping our family at three.

When I got pregnant, I really wanted a daughter. Now I feel like I have everything I need. My heart and my life feel full.

But... my husband wants another one. Also, I don't know how it feels to be an only child. I have a brother and a sister who I totally love and can't imagine my life without them. Would it be selfish of me to deny Greg another child or Vada a sibling?


Probably the biggest factor in all of this though, is that honestly, I'm scared. Pregnancy wasn't fun for me and Vada was a really difficult infant. (I think she cried at least 85% of her first year of life.) I had some postpartum depression issues that I never accepted or treated. My husband works really long hours most of the time and isn't available to help out with the late nights, etc. We don't have a lot of family around, so our "support system" is a little lacking. Etc., etc....

I don't know, it's almost like... I know I can handle one. I've come this far and I'm doing it. What we have right now is so good. But if we do decide to keep it at one, will we be missing out on something absolutely wonderful?


So let's talk! Are you an only child? Do you have a single child family or are you considering having just one? Are you definitely planning on having more?

I would love your input/experiences/advice/opinions!

<3 Lindsay


Category Article
Powered by Blogger.