Journal Day! V.2


Okay, first of all, I absolutely loved reading all of your journals from the other week. Really, really loved. Thank you all for being so receptive to this idea, and taking part so enthusiastically.  Today is Journal Day #2, so at the suggestion of my pal Liz, I decided to use a link-up feature here like I did with my 8 Weeks project. This time though, it will allow you to share your profile picture and the link to your post, so be sure to link up below so we can all visit each other's space and read, read, read!

Here's this week's prompt (all prompts come from me unless otherwise sourced/stated):

The older we get, the more certain we get about who we are and what our purpose is.  For me, a lot of it is still unknown, but as I make my way down my own path, I have begun to realize that there are indeed some inevitable truths that I know for sure. On your own blog, write a post that talks about "the one thing you know for sure."

When I think back through the life I've lived these past 29 years, there is a common theme: positivity.  Some of the time I've had it, some of the time I haven't, but as most people could guess, the times when I've been in a positive frame of mind I've managed to be the happiest, most productive, and surrounded myself with other like-minded people.  For me, the thing I know for sure is that we make our own reality.  We choose to be either a positive or negative energy in not only our own lives, but in the roles we play in other peoples' too.  Growing up I had some tumultuous times of my own doing. Looking back at these moments, these months, even years of my life, I can see that I wasn't making the right choices at a very basic level. And those choices permeated every other aspect of my life.  I was surrounding myself with negative people, because really, that's what I was. Like absolutely attracts like. I was putting a certain kind of energy out there, and in return I was attracting others, just like me.  As time went by though, I realized that it was me who could make the conscious effort to be positive, and in turn, make my world positive. It's so easy to give into the negativity. I actually think it's easier to have a bad day than it is to have a good day.  So many things can go wrong, and reacting in a negative way, giving into the "oh well" mentality is so much easier than deciding that you won't let it get you down, and rising above.

For me, the one thing I know to be 100% certain is that to be happy, I have to choose happy. Now sure, some people do not have this option- there's clinical depression, mental illness, many things that make it much harder to make this choice, but in my world, I do have that choice to make. And so I make it. And as the years have gone by I've had ups and downs, as I've gone through heart ache and heart break, loss and the occasional bouts of feeling lost, I've always come back to a place of positivity. I hold onto the fact that yes, it will get better. Yes, this is hard, but things will turn around. The sun will shine. I will find happiness again.

And now when I wake up I know I need to tell myself that it's going to be a good day. I know that some days I need to give myself a pep talk, and other days I'll hop right out of bed with a smile on my face. Everyday is a choice. And when I do make that choice, I influence all of the people in my immediate circle. My unspoken positivity has the power to seep into Hank's mood, into Henry's, into every single person I meet. It's energy. And when you think about it, negativity does the same thing. And when I finally realized that, I knew that I had discovered my one truth - the one thing that I absolutely know for sure- that I make my own reality, and that I need to choose to make it a positive place.



Category Article
Powered by Blogger.